Second Sunday in September
People love their pets. We quickly grow attached to our pets. National Pet Memorial Day is an opportunity to bring closure to the departure of our beloved pets. It allows us to fondly remember our departed pet(s).
There are all kinds of pets. Sure dogs and cats are by far the most popular. But, pets also include rabbits, fish, turtles, ferrets, crabs, snakes, hamsters, gerbils, and a huge assortment of other animals.
Your pet would want you to cherish their memory, then move on. Use this special day for this purpose.
How to commemorate National Pet Memorial Day:
- Spend a few minutes reflecting upon pleasant memories of your pet
- If you buried your pet somewhere, go for a visit
- Contribute to an animal protection group
- Volunteer at an animal protection group
- Create a small memorial in a flower garden in your yard
- Plant a tree or a shrub as a living memorial